Monday, December 28, 2009

Peaches and Cream Pie

This is one of my all-time favorite pies.  It doesn't quite measure up to lemon merengue, but it's a whole lot easier to make!  It just melts in your mouth and is simply marvelous.

If you're using fresh peaches, be sure they're nice and ripe as it's easier to remove the skins - aside from that, it'll taste a whole lot better!  Canned peaches are OK for this recipe, but fresh are always better.

4 or 5 fresh peaches (I prefer it more peachy, so 6 or 7)  peeled and sliced. OR 1 ea. 16 oz can peaches, drained.
1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
2/3 C sugar (1/2 C if using canned peaches)
4 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Mix everything but the peaches in a large bowl.  Fold in the peaches.  Pour in a pie crust (see previous recipe for that).  Bake at 400 degrees F. for 1 hour, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.

(photo courtesy of Taste of Home)


3 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so wonderful! I love peaches - make desserts with them but never tried a peach pie. this is a must-do, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted a recipe that was my Mom's on my blog and then I found yours :D I just love the idea and the picture is sooo very perfect for my life anyway... thanks for your work!
    Chefany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum this sounds delish! cute blog.

    ReplyDelete