Saturday, December 12, 2009

Anchovy Dip

Christmas Eve at our house was strictly no meat.  We'd basically have a dinner of nibble foods.  This always consisted of shrimp cocktail, a nice cheese plate, crab spread, fresh cut vegetables and dip.  My Mom used to make this dip for the fresh veggie plate.  I remember one couple, who were friends of my parents, would come to our house with their younger kids.  Once, the youngest girl was found to be dipping chocolates into this anchovy dip and loving every minute of it. I guess the sweet/salty mix appealed to her. I've never tried it that way!

1/2 a bunch of fresh parsley (about 1/2 a cup)
1/4 C. fresh chives
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 to 2 Tbsp. anchovy paste (3 or 4 anchovy filets, if you prefer)

Put all ingredients in a blender, and mix until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment